Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Day Ten: Homemade Dinner at Lucie's + PPG

Today we went to the PPG presentation! Finally! This is my group's company, so we were all pretty excited about it. The seven of us were alert throughout the whole presentation, sitting as close to the presenters as we could get. The presentation was the most casual of them all, which I loved. The presenters sat at the same table as us and just presented as if they were talking to us. They even encouraged us to interrupt them with questions! There were 4 main presenters, all with their specialty, and they really knew their stuff! The top thing that I actually knew, but I was reminded of, is that white cars are the most popular in North America. I would've guessed black!

I was pretty disappointed with the tour, but then I realized it was lame because the building we were in was not a factory. It was a lab/office facility, so there wasn't even much to see. Ultimately, the presentations were the best part to help prepare for our presentation.

We had lunch at PPG, then worked on the presentations for the rest of the day at Lucie's house. She had really cute little apartment, perfect for one person. Sophia made us a salad and we had chips and salsa before. Dinner itself were wraps with corn, peppers, meat, cheese, lettuce and deliciousness. It was a very productive evening! We ended up leaving right before midnight so we could snag the tram back to the hotel.

Left to right: Erin, me, Alex, Lucie, Sarah, Sophia, Thomas (aka THE BEST GROUP EVER)
Because this was not the most exciting post, I'll take this opportunity to discuss something I've been wanting to point out... It seems like Germany never wants anyone to see that anything is under construction. In several different cities, if there was a building being built or renovated, there was some sort of a sheet cast over it that looks like a building, hiding the construction. I was surprised by this because it seems like an unnecessary cost. That cover probably costs a decent amount of money, not to mention that it's still very clear that there's construction happening. In America, we don't care about how anything is presented, I guess...

In Augsburg; building with construction is on the right
In Nuremberg

In Munich
Veronica's Struggle of the Day:
Today was a pretty non-adventurous day, but the most that happened is that I fell off the bus seat on the way there... I have absolutely no idea how it happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment