Saturday, May 7, 2016

Planes Planes and Planes

Today basically didn't exist to me. We traveled all day. I'm writing this at 2:30 on the plane from Pittsburgh to Newark and my bed time is going to be in 2.5 hours. Weird.

I woke up this morning after a freezing cold night in tower c sleeping on a rock. It was a rough night. I meant to wake up at 8:30 to meet in the lobby at 10 but I couldn't sleep and so I got up at 7:30 and went to rite aid and Brueggers.

We rode to the airport with the Plus3 Italy kids, where a knew a bunch of the kids. Customs was a new experience for me. In line, there was a really funny security guard who started picking on Alex Stratigos, saying how she was the trouble maker since she knew the drinking age in Germany. He proceeded to tell us about how he likes places with young drinking ages.

In customs, I was amazed at how high tech everything was! I got pulled aside because of my ankle brace (i have a sprained ankle) and the security woman patted down my ankle, scanned it, then scanned my hands with some weird wand... I wish i knew exactly what those devices were looking for so I could figure out how they worked. Its really amazing. We had about 45 minutes to blow at the airport so Erin and I watched bags then went to Subway. I got coffee since i could barely stay awake on the bus.

THEN I WENT ON A PLANE! This was such a cool experience. I didn't think taking off could get any cooler after we sped up on ground, but when we lifted, my mind was blown. Everyone around me was cracking up at my reactions as we took off. I was perched at the window like a child (which I basically am) and watched in awe. I sat next to Will on the plane and we chatted the whole time! I'm pretty sure we were only going flat for like 10 minutes until they said we were descending and I got very confused. Descending takes a half hour??? Crazy.


I knew I'd want to remember the flight so I dared to ask the flight attendants AND the pilot for a selfie. The pilot even offered for me to sit in the seat next to him for a picture but I didn't want the group to leave without me.

Basically best friends






Then after a couple hour lay over in Newark, we boarded the plane to Munich. It was huge! I got a window seat and I'm next to Will again so it's awesome. Amazing movie options (better than I thought for a plane). I watched Sisters and then The Intern, and Daddy's Home. I had my first plane dinner, which was surprisingly good! And for dessert, we had wine and mango sorbet because, well, we can. I think I'm going to stay up the whole time so I can adjust to the time change quickly. So this should be fun-- 36 hours awake!








I'm typing this at 10:23 pm Pittsburgh time and 4:22 am Munich time. I'm wired for sound and while it's fun now, I'm going to crash so hard. The hardest part I think is going to be staying awake when we get to the hotel for the little bit of time we'll have there. Then I'll have to be awake for all of Sunday. It'll be rough but I've been awake for longer before so I think I can do it.

Here are the series of selfies we took at the airports/planes:





Veronica's Struggle of the Day:
My mom told me to take cold meds before I got on the plane for my sinuses. I tried to not be needy and swallow them without water and ended up getting one massive pill stuck in my throat and couldn't breath in the middle of the airport. Thank God for Lindsey, who gave me her water. I also broke my back pack zipper sooo that's rough. I also lost both my spoon and fork on the plane. #fingerfoodpasta





Auf Wiedersehen!!!

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment