Friday, May 6, 2016

The Evening at PITT

Well. Here it is. My first time abroad. I always thought the first time I'd go abroad would be to Israel, especially since my brother and sister both went there for their first time abroad. This trip is with Pitt's Plus3 program, which is for engineering and business students who just finished freshman year. My group has 19 American students with 9 guys and 10 girls. Only 7 of us are engineering students! We're going to be staying in Augsburg and making several trips from there while working with German students at the University of Augsburg. There is a Google doc that both the American students and German students filled out and its weird to me that a lot of the German students are 22 or so.

Today we went to dinner at the Union Grill. I grew up here and have never been there before so that was interesting. I sat with Wesley, Sam, Sarah and Mark and got made fun of for ordering avocado as a topping (I ate it straight). Then a bunch of the girls and I sat in the tiny Tower C bedrooms complaining about how small they are and bonding. We decided we wanted to go to Fuel and Fuddle to get the "Big Ass Brownie" dessert. After, we walked around literally 90% of the floors in Tower C looking for extra blankets but had no luck. So, we went to Panther Central and sat there for an hour until they finally brought us....... Fitted sheets. So that's that.


We sat in that room for the entire evening...


Sheets selfie (before we realized they were fitted)


I've decided that I'm going to make a section in each entry of this blog titled "Veronica's Struggle of the Day." I realized that I struggle with daily activities more than a normal person should, so I thought this would be a fun way to document my international mistakes.

Veronica's Struggle of the Day:
Yep. I already have one of these. We got to Pitt at 3:00 today and by 5:30 I was bleeding. Turns out that straws are sharp and can cut the roof of your mouth. At dinner, I have a habit of going through many many glasses of water, especially if there is a straw. So tonight, the roof of my mouth bled for several minutes and went through a bunch of napkins. I think the group is already understanding the type of person I am...

Auf Wiedersehen!!!

√3®0π!¢@ (Veronica) 

(I tried to be cool and sign my name in an original way... Sorry for any confusion; I'll stop)

No comments:

Post a Comment